Level One – Treasure Hunter in Training- 10 items/10 places
Level Two – Garage Sale Guru- 25 items/ 25 places (my choice)
Level Three -Professional Picker- 50 items/50 places
- Choose level and share in your initial post and/or below in the comments.
- Make initial challenge post and then update once a month. Leave blog links or update in comment section for our monthly reading challenge post. Tracking may be as simple or as elaborate as you wish to make it (list objects with books in running tally or just updating with new additions from that month).
- Start on or after January 1 and no later than November 1, 2018 – End before or on December 31, 2018.
- Qualifying books must be published (ARCs may be included),
Be romance or have strong romance element.
No restriction on sub-genre (Dystopian, Historical, Contemporary, LGBT, etc), reading level (YA, NA, or Adult), format (paper, e-book, audio), source (purchased, gifted or borrowed) or length of book.
May be a re-read as long as it is started after Jan. 1st.
Must be listed by Title and Author. Place in a series or connection to series would be good to know too.
Books can count toward other reading challenges.
- Reader can count only one item per book even if book offers several items from the Scavenger Hunt list.
- Reader must have an on-line place to track for challenge whether it is on a blog or whether it is creating a specified ‘Literary Pickers’ Challenge shelf at a place like GoodReads or Shelfari as the point is for other readers be able to see what you are reading.Having a review and rating for each book completed would be great, but not required.
- Reader may choose a lower level to start and advance to an upper level if needed.
2018 Literary Pickers Challenge- Scavenger ListLiterary Pickers Scavenger Hunt 2018
Around the House
- Patio Furniture
- Walk-In Closet
- Dust or Cobwebs
Gaming System(xBox) Colleen Hoover - Weil ich Will liebe (Point of Retreat)
- Grandmother’s China/any dishes past down
- Porch light
- Area Rug
CandleChristine Nöstlinger - Maikäfer flieg!
- Pots and Pans
Fruit Trees/OrchardNicole C. Vosseler - Zeit der wilden Orchideen
- Rocking Chair
Bathroom MirrorFrances Maynard - Wie Ellie Carr zu leben lernte
- Toy Chest/bin
- Mixing bowl
Barn Sven Gerhardt- Die Heuhaufen-Halunken
- New Zealand
- Navy Ship
- Roller blades/skateboard
- Riding Horse
- Shuttle/small space ship
- Classic Car
SurfboardJessi Kirby - Mein Herz wird dich finden
Friends to lovers/BestfriendJessica Love - Du und ich & die Liebe in Echtzeit
- Love at First Sight
- Arranged Marriage/Marriage of Convenience
- Threesome/Love Triangle
- Gender bender/Role Reversal
Office RomanceDavid Foenkinos - Nathalie küsst
- Enemies to Lovers
- Small Town
- Rocker Romance
A MurderGuillaume Musso - Das Mädchen aus Brooklyn Secret baby/accidental babySarah Haywood - Der Kaktus: Wie Miss Green zu küssen lernte
- Another dimension/fantasy world
Post-apocalyptic/Dystopian/FuturisticAnna Day - Fanatic
First time author/narratorRuth Jones - Alles Begehren
- On your TBR stack for more than a Year
- Volcano/Hot Spring
- Blizzard or Polar Region
- City streets
- Vegetarian/Vegan fare
- Campfire Cooking
- Saute it (veggie or meat)
- Fresh Catch (fish/seafood)
- Tortilla/flat bread
Tropical Fruit(Mango) Lucinda Riley - The Pearl Sister Specialty Tea or CoffeeKatarina von Bredow - Er ist der Freund meiner Freundin
- Fire hose
Gas can/pumpNicola Eisenschink - Hausboot Lotte, Kater Emma und ich
- Scuba gear
Laptop ComputerSophie Kinsella - Finding Audrey
- Space suit
- Uniform Hammer
- High Heels
Engagement RingJenny Colgan - Summer at the little Beach Street Bakery
SkirtJ.P. Monninger - Liebe findet uns (The Map that leads to you)
- A number in the title
- Mostly Yellow
No peopleColleen Hoover - Nur noch ein einziges Mal (It Ends With Us)
- A season in the title
- No face/hidden features
- Holiday theme
- A hat
- Just a guy
- Just a gal
- A paranormal or sci-fi element